29 June 2016

1919: Done!

The thunder and rain stopped and the sun came out just in time to take a few pictures of my completed Goldie Golf Sweater from 1919. I think I really like it! It's very much unlike any sweater I currently own and it's super cozy and warm. For the knitting play-by-play and pattern modifications, see this post.

Greeting my counterpart in 1919!




I love the collar: it's wide, warm, and has a very pleasing crochet edging.

The pattern called for a 2-yard-long sash. I found that it looked best when crossed at the back and knotted at the front. I guess it can double as a scarf if needed!

Specs
Yarn: Cascade 220 in colors 9562 (brown) and 9452 (teal)
Amounts: 7.25 skeins of brown and 1.25 skeins of teal*
Buttons: 7 (9 if I had attached the pocket), about 1"
Needles: size 8
Crochet hook: G/6/4.25mm
Started: 30 March 2016
Finished: 28 June 2016
 
*I want to mention (read: brag) that I bought exactly the right amounts of yarn.
Maybe for the first time ever.
 
The 1920s await! 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Good call not adding the breast pocket, its a bit awkward in the original.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! And it's pretty much completely useless!

      Delete