28 March 2016

Rainy day project


I received a major addition to my vintage pattern collection today! My great aunt gave me a big box full of her knitting patterns, ranging from the 1950s through the 1990s. This is the most meticulously kept collection of patterns I've seen: each booklet is in pristine condition and even her collection of mail-order pamphlets remains in its original envelopes. There are so many fabulous patterns here. I've really only just started to look through the collection, but I did pick out a few of my favorite images and looks to share!

These are pretty spectacular knit go-go dresses from the late 1960s:


And some matching duds for the men:


I adore this plaid skirt, but can't help focusing on that poor cat's facial expression. He looks like he's about to bolt from the humiliation of modeling.


Superb modern home decor in knitting and crochet:


And some...unusual...1960s hats! There are lots of beads and sequins in this book.


 I'll be sure to share more as I explore the collection. Meanwhile, I've got yarn to start my 1919 Goldie Golf Sweater and will be casting on soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment